277 views
3.0

Bought 6 metal chairs and all had sharp edges. Two had chips down to uncoated metal.

Living in NYC not easy to return 6 chairs so I offered to test filing down the sharp edges myself. That worked. I returned the two chipped chairs to the showroom. The replacement chairs come and the coating is so thin in some areas it looks like a light grey, rather than the brown we purchased.

In the meantime I notice the table has a couple of cracks running lengthwise on one of the legs and where the table splits to add the leaves doesn't match up quite right, maybe an 1/8" gap. They agree to hand deliver the replacement chairs and table at the same time. Would have been nice if they took the two unacceptable chairs with them, but they don't. Now have to ship out via UPS.

While we generally like the table and chairs we don't feel the quality is there considering the price.

Without a doubt I like the "look" of many things in Restoration Hardware, but can't imagine I will ever purchase another thing from them. The items look beautiful, but this experience has left many questions in terms of their quality assurance.

I'd have expected this type of stuff to happen if we purchased at Target, but not RH. You live and you learn.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Restoration Hardware Pros: Beautiful design.

Restoration Hardware Cons: Quality.

Location: Brooklyn, New York