WORST customer service and policies

Do NOT shop at Restoration Hardware if you care at all about customer service. I cannot believe this is possible, but I received a gift card for $750 for my wedding. I bought a couch online and went to enter the gift card number - only you can't use gift cards online. So I called, and was told that they could not accept gift cards over the phone or over the internet, and I had to PUT IT IN THE MAIL. Ok, fine. So then I move and unfortunately, misplace the gift card - totally my fault. I had the number, the date of purchase, and all relevant information, so I called and asked them to replace it. They cannot replace gift cards, they're "like cash". No one had an answer for my question - "so, you ask people to put cash in the mail?" Now, this is all happening after they deliver the couch, BREAK my front door, and refuse for hours to send a locksmith so I can close my front door and lock it (it was a Friday - the actual quote from the *** in customer service was "wow, I'm SO sorry! That is dangerous to have your front door like that - I will do everything I can to take care of this...when I get back into the office Monday morning") When I asked to file a claim to have the gift card replaced and my delivery fee waived, some *** promised me he'd have an answer for me "within a week". After three, I called him, emailed him - no answer. A month later, I went into Restoration Hardware and told them what happened. They said "we'll get back to you in a week". Two weeks later, I had to email the guy who gave me his card. Two weeks after that, someone called me to tell me, nope gift card is gone, no way of getting my $750 back. So they have essentially stolen $750 from me, with no recourse available to me. And the best part is, it's only so-so furniture - the couch came with threads loose, not worth $2500 by a long stretch. Certainly not worth the ridiculous gift card policy and not worth the absurdity of my experience with this awful company.
Parkville, Maryland
Restoration Hardware Customer Care

Restoration Hardware

I reecntly contacted Restoration Hardware in Tampa FL Hyde Park regarding furniture that I had seen on line and spoke to Penny. I was interested in buying a leather sofa, chair and ottoman and called to see if I could see it in their showroom. Penny advised me that the sofa was there and that she could send me brochures on the furniture that I was interested in. She proceeded to try to extract personal information from me. I gave my PO BOX as a mailing address and she pressured me for a home address which I wouldn't disclose. She then asked for my phone number and I was reluctant to give it to her but she said, "Don't worry we don't share information." Two days later, I recieved a call from PENNY at the same store asking about my status, whether I was coming in to buy, etc etc...I didn't even have a chance to get there to see the furniture!!! I still didn't get the brochure you promised! I get it! I have problems before I even get the chance to buy something to have problems! CHEESH! Finally, Penny, send me your cell phone number so I can harrass you at work will you?
Saint Petersburg, Florida

Manufacturing defects

2 year old dining table and BR dresser with veneers that are splitting. First denied any compensation. Then with additional photos they agreed it was manufacturing defects. They will only do a gift certificate, however, they don't sell any dining tables in the dark finish of the table that my chairs were done custom to match. They kept telling me I could only get a gift certificate because the order was made with a gift certificate. I told them I could prove the transaction was made with a credit/bank card. They said it didn't matter, they would only send a gift certificate and then said because the furniture was more than 90 days old. I asked about casegood warranties- turns out they have NONE! They only reveiw on a "case by case" basis. We'll see if they even send a gift certificate. Furniture looks nice but terrible quality and no warranty.
Kansas City, Missouri

Restoration Hardware -- long wait times for defective furniture

I will never purchase anything from Restoration Hardware again. 5 1/2 months ago, we ordered a sofa and armchair. These are custom items, and have to be manufactured specifically for us. Fine. They promised 6 to 8 weeks. They delayed the order not once, but twice, so that it took 3 1/2 months to receive the items. Then, upon delivery, I could tell in the first second I saw it that there were stains and scuff marks all over the sofa (uh, quality control, anyone?). We asked for a replacement sofa, which again had to be custom ordered. So then, 6 months after the original order, the day before the replacement sofa was to be delivered, the delivery service calls to tell me that there are black stains all over this sofa, and they're returning it to Restoration Hardware, and ordering ANOTHER replacement sofa, which will again take 3 months to get -- for a total of 9 months wait time from when the original order was placed. Unacceptable. I call RH myself, and they offer me $250 cash back off the order, or a $500 discount on the stained sofa if I want to keep that. They wouldn't budge any further than this, even though it was going to take 9 months and over $3500 to simply get a living room set (that is, if that 3rd replacement sofa hadn't come with stains as well, like sofas #1 and #2 did). I told them to come and pick up the armchair, that we are returning everything and canceling the entire order. After I pushed further, explaining how utterly inadequate their attempts to satisfy me as a customer were, they agreed to give me a $150 gift certificate towards a future RH purchase. Like I will ever go near their store again. This company totally failed, across the board, and I am outraged.

My experience was nearly identical. In short, their quality control is absolutely terrible and it is not worth the aggravation. I've had a better experience with lower end retailers and it makes no sense to pay top dollar for garbage products and trashy treatment.

I purchased a sconce lamp, chair and ottoman from them. The chair had gunk all over the back and the cushion didn't lay flat. The ottoman, which was supposed to take a few weeks, was pushed back several times and came nearly 4 months later. When it arrived with my replacement chair, it was a different color than the chair. The chair's cushion still didn't lay flat and there was excess fabric that created bubbles. I returned them both.

As for the sconce, within a day of hanging it, the wire broke and the whole thing bent/ was ruined. I returned it and was left with a $300 bill to fix the drywall on which it was mounted.

The service reps are courteous but offer no satisfactory remedies. Getting your money back does not factor in the 4 months of aggravation and constant calls/ scheduling for delivery and, in the end, I'm left with a $300 bill for fixing my wall. After much venting they offered me a $50 gift card that I refused since I will never buy anything from them again.

I've been waiting 8 months for a chair & ottoman. They've pushed back the date 8 times. Beyond annoyed.

View more comments (1)
Medford, Oregon

Restoration Hardware is a joke

Ordered two pieces of furniture from them in Sept. 2010. It is now Feb. 2011, still no furniture and the expected delivery date has one been changed to April/may or most likely June. No explanation is ever given for the unreasonable delays. Stay away from Restoration Hardware. Their customer service is awful, they just don't care about their customers. I've read other bad reviews about this company, now I am concerned about the quality of the furniture if it eventually does come in. They don't even tell you about the delays, you need to check your order status online to discover changes in delivery.

I would not recommend Restoration Hardware to anyone. The measurements in the catalog of their light fixtures are inaccurate.

The merchandise I received was

defective, replaced and the replacements had defects. Because the size of the light fixtures was wrong, I had to hire a carpenter and drywaller.

This should have been an easy installation and turned into a nightmare. No more shopping at

Restoration Hardware for me.

I bought 4 dining room chairs back in May. I got 4 chairs delivered to my home, but one was damaged.

I was told to keep the damaged chair until they replaced it with a good one. Two months have gone by and I have taken off work 3 Thursdays in a row to wait for my replacement chair. Every time I go home from work to meet the delivery guys they tell me they are there to pick up a chair.

Every time I don't give them the damaged chair my credit card gets charged $247+. I finally got my replacement chair last Thursday...still waiting on the credits.

View more comments (1)
ID
#220834 Review #220834 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Chicago, Illinois

Restoration Hardward false delivery dates

I ordered a sofa from Restoration Hardware on October 5th. Delivery time was suppose to be 45 to 60 days. In December they call to say delivery has been delayed until late January. I just called for a delivery date and they now say delivery has been pushed to early March. If you go on-line and order a sofa they are still telling consumers that it will be 45 to 60 days. This if false advertising!!!! Has anybody else experienced this. What bull ***. Now I'm probably going to have to start over with another furniture company. Tell anyone you know not to order from Restoration Hardware.

I placed an order for a rug in November 2012. They said it was back ordered until February.

I've gotten several emails delaying the delivery to march, may and now July, but no emails or return phone calls with reasons or answers.

It's frustrating and sad and disappointing and confusing. I feel your pain.

Same issue for me too. I read 1 complaint about their delivery issues before ordering, and I wish that I had taken it as a warning and not bought from them.

I'm glad they warned you that your delivery date was pushed back at least. They didn't tell me. I called to check in with them and found out.

It was very frustrating and I can't believe that the behavior is tolerated by anyone.

I finally gave up and canceled the order. I couldn't wait for the item anymore and it wasn't worth it.

Same exact experience. Ordered 6 dining chairs in November.

It's February and they still aren't here. Now they are saying April. They never called me to tell me. I always had to call when nothing showed up.

After the first delay, I asked why and they said they didn't know. I told them if it was a fabric backorder, I would pick another fabric. They didn't know; only knew there was a delay. Second delay (2 months after the first), they said it would be an additional two months because the fabric was on backorder.

I'm probably about to cancel my order...since I'm sure in April, they will tell me June.

They intentionally mislead you on the website and it is so frustrated. I will never purchase anything there ever again.

I feel your pain. I ordered a dresser and nightstand in September, it's now February and I still don't have the furniture.

Now the expected delivery dates are late April and late May.

I'll most likely cancel the order. This place is a joke.

Tyler, Texas

Terrible delivery - and many false promises

TERRIBLE customer service and shipping ability. I ordered a bed that was not back ordered and was set to ship on time (30-45 days). Once the delivery date passed, i called customer service to learn that it was another month delayed (and by the way, they were sorry no one remembered to tell me). Another month goes by, the date came and went, and i called again to learn it was another 6 weeks delayed. I have since checked in on it twice and was promised it was still going to ship as planned. That date came and went today... and when i called to check on the status, they once again pushed back the date another 2-3 weeks (and again, were sorry that no one remembered to tell me about the further delays) All in, i am waiting well over 4 months for a standard headboard. I ordered one from Pottery Barn, it shipped 5 days later and was at my house within the next week. Will try to avoid Restoration at all costs

Absolutely terrible,

A shipment that I was told would take 1 week is now up to 6 weeks.

Ditto your experience. Good call on Pottery Barn. Wish I'd gone with them instead.

I ordered leather bedroom chest and this 3,000.00 piece was delivered damaged. The lower drawer did not open , the leather was scratched and gouged.

The overall experince was horrible for such a high ticket item.

The overpriced deliver service it a rip off. I will never purchase from this company again.

Wow, this company is HORRIBLE! I cannot believe how they continue to say the order is on it's way to call 2 weeks later to say there has been a delay?

Really?

I am cancelling my order. I would avoid this company at all costs, unless you have a year to wait for it to be in your house!

I received a call that my vanity which was scheduled to arrive 2/11, is now pushed out to April.

I will have to decide whether to cancel the order. Do I really want to have it pushed in April to October?

My parents are 84 years old, could be dead by the time it's delivered.

It's an incredible way to run a business in an economy where supposedly no one is spending money.

I just found out my delivery which was initially supposed to take 2 months, then changed to 4 months, has not been changed to 6 months. The only way I would know any of this is because I had to call each time to check on the delivery status.

Restoration Hardware has the worst customer service when it comes to orders and deliveries that I have seen in a long time. They should be horribly ashamed and embarrassed.

View more comments (6)
Mclean, Virginia

Failed furniture delivery with no resolution

I purchase two bedrooms from Restoration Hardware during their 'Friends and Family' event. The 20% off really just covered the tax and shipping [which is 10%+ of your order], so the cost was still substantial. The furniture was delivered to the wrong address. I had noticed this is confimation emails that the delivery address was wrong and delat three times with the company to fix before delivery. RH had already noticed the error and had said that a fix was in the system before I even contacted them the first time. I spoke to approx 7 people in Customer Service and in the store to resolve the issue. THe furniture was never delivered, I never received update calls within 24 hours as promised, I never received any credits promised due to the error, I never received a gift certificate promised because of the on-going errors. Upon cancellation of the order, I received three calls from Customer Service asking if I wanted to continue with the order. Restoration Hardware [RH] did not honor any of their promises to me in calls, credits, or eventually the order. They did, however, manage to charge my credit card and waste numerous hours of phone calls to straighten out a problem that they already knew about. I truly believe that there was no intention of filling the order due to the numerous promises of credit and gift certificates making the transaction unprofitable. I think they never shipped to save any loss and did not care about the customer. I did not hear from Customer Service until after I cancelled the order and never got a call from the delivery company to delivery at the proper address. Beware; if they make a costly mistake, you will probably not get your purchase and waste a lot of time and money.

From which metro market did this occur ?

ID
#209876 Review #209876 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Arlington, Virginia

Restoration Hardware? More like Desperation

Back in late March 2008 we had placed an order for a headboard and two dressers from your Restoration Hardware dba as Brocade. While we were informed that part of the furniture was back ordered, it would take 4-6 weeks for our delivery which we felt that was still reasonable. In mid June, after still not hearing on the status of our order and due to our increasing frustration, I reached out to their corporate offices After multiple discussions, we were finally informed that our bedroom furniture was to be delivered on SEPTEMBER 3RD!!. Imagine our elation after waiting approximately 5 months for our order, and we arranged to have (at our expense) our bedroom furniture removed and donated the night before. Their delivery carrier, Excel informed me that delivery would be between 3:30PM and 7:30PM I called that morning and was told that delivery would be between 5:30 and 6 PM. At 9:20 they finally arrived (who delivers furniture at 9:20 in the evening???) and they cracked the headboard while attempting to bring it in so needless to say we refused it. The irony of all of this is when I called the following Monday to see when I can get a replacement I was told "sorry that product's discontinued". That entire order left us so drained we swore to avoid "Desperation Hardware" for the rest of our lives. Flash forward to June 2010 and with a new home we had someone graciously give us a Restoration Hardware gift certificate. Cautiously, I finally broke down and decided to order something on line. When I realized that you actually can't pay with a gift certificate on line you can call the number on the gift certificate to place an order. So, I call up, certificate in hand all ready to place my order and they tell me that I have to actually pay for my order with a credit card, mail them my gift certificate and wait to get re-imbursed. Seriously? Are you kidding me? I am so completely floored that it made me start thinking about everything I despise about this company that I had to finally get it off my chest. Do yourself a favor and avoid "Desperation Hardware" like it had the plauge.

I ordered an upholstered headboard that took almost 3 months to arrive. The "white glove" delivery guys scratched my walnut floors & improperly installed the headboard so it looks like it is falling over. I called the company who ordered someone to come out & fix it, who proceeded to stand me up 2xs...when I called about getting someone else to come out, I asked about the floors & said I never heard back about them. I was very rudely told that the claim had been closed and there was nothing I could do about it. After asking to speak to a manager, it came out that the guys who scratched the floor said that 1) the scratches were already there 2) I wouldnt allow them to take pictures. These are the same guys who bullied me after it happened saying that I cant tell on them because they would get in trouble as they are not allowed to move furniture...their moving the bench at the end of the bed scratched my floors. They closed the claim based on what the guys said without even contacting me.

In the meantime I ordered a wall shelving unit that arrived crushed & a "silver" lamp that arrived a yellowed color.

My imagine of this company being a respectable & high end company was wrong!!!!

Buyer Beware!!!!!

I have had nothing but incompetence and rudeness from the moving company Restoration Hardware uses, Excell Direct. I am a teacher and I clarified over and over that I get home at 2:30 pm.

They kept calling me at school and saying "we're at your house" at Noon! Over and over the store would arrange an afternoon pick-up for the dining furniture, and one month later they have yet to pick up anything. I have gotten the runaround and spent hours trying to return this furniture which the store said was no problem. Really!!!

I will never buy anything from Restoration again and I advise any consumer "Buyer Beware". Corporate is just a call center, so don't think you will get anything resolved with them.

yeah....good luck with that. What sucked for me was I got rid of ALL of my bedroom furniture the night before the delivery. Had to go out any buy from another company.

Sent a certified letter to the CEO and never heard back.

I totally agree with this review. I ordered an expensive leather sofa from these guys and was given a date of delivery, well it's month past the delivery time and no one can tell me where my sofa is located.

Lake Forest, California

Restoration Hardware has Worst customer service

We had a very bad experience with purchasing from Restoration Hardware. Purchased a the Sutter dinning room set a couple of years ago. The wood base and table top since cracked and it took month of pleating with R.H. to getting it fixed. More recently, we wanted to use our leaf for the first time, and realized it didn't fit. Once again, it was a nightmare getting it taken car of. The leaf was clearly from a different table, but Restoration Hardware's customer support simply doesn't care. The subcontract they sent out, said it couldn't be fixed, and since the set had been discontinued there was nothing the company could do. Restoration Hardware has serious customer service issued, but as I told the lady on the phone, they have lost a customer for life.

I ordered a couch in November that they said would arrive in 10 days if i ordered the same color and fabric as is on the floor. I did so, it has now been three months and still no couch.

I have called on a weekly basis in order to get updates that generally consist of them telling me they won't know for sure when the couch will be ready. What's more, when I asked about other couches available, they looked into it and NOTHING is available. How is a furniture of that size not able to provide ANYTHING?

I never recommend shopping there!!!!

Beyond frustrating to deal with!

They also fraudulently charge your credit card

#151932

i actually work there. its worse than u think.

I also have the sutter table. I have the savana chairs, but am looking for the sheridan slip cover parson chairs.

If you have these chairs and would like to sell them please contact me. marni.paulo@***.com

Cleveland, Ohio

Don't look for help from Restoration Hardware

Please don't hold your breath waiting for Restoration Hardware to help you with your Brocade Home issue. I purchased 2 items from Restoration Hardware early this summer. They did not work in my new house, so I returned them to the nearest store - and have a return receipt to prove. It has been more than 10 weeks, and I still have only received credit for 1 of the 2 items, in spite of repeated correspondence with RH customer service AND filing a complaint with American Express. So, if RH can't take care of their own customers, don't expect help on one of their subsidiary brands.
Grandville, Michigan

Restoration Hardware Delivery Operations

Restoration Hardware - Horrible Delivering What You Buy. 8:29pm If you're ever in the market for some furniture, don't order it from Restoration Hardware. They have a PLAGUE of incompetence running rampant in their logistics operation. I thought maybe we ran into a little bit of bad luck a year ago when we ordered our bed. And then we ordered our night stand. This couldn't possibly be the real Restoration Hardware, they're a great company, look at the quality of their things, I thought. And again when Tiffiny ordered her bathroom cabinet. I still can't believe it. They're a national chain; there's just no way a company like this could REALLY be this horrible under the covers. I have to give them the benefit of the doubt. And now when we ordered our couch. Each time a separate incident. All separate orders, months apart. EACH with a headache during the delivery process -- from being back ordered, to being rescheduled for delivery (on their end, over four times) to showing up at their warehouse and "needing to be sent back to their headquarters because it arrived with scratches all over it." (They would call and tell us this before they even attempted to deliver the thing). We thought, maybe it's just that Tampa's fulfillment is horrendous. It couldn't possibly all of Restoration Hardware. We just moved to Richmond and ordered a couch. We were told 10-14 days for delivery. On the 14th day, we called them to ask what its status was. "Oh, that's on back order Mr. Gallagher, didn't anyone contact you?" So then we e-mailed. An e-mail was supposed to be answered within 24 hours, it wasn't. We have to wait a month and a half now for our couch! All of these orders have had MAJOR respective delivery problems. Yes, they have nice stuff, but if you are buying something they have to deliver and you can't walk out of the store with it, BEWARE. It's like banging your head up against a wall. I'm threw. We would've been life long customers because we like the quality of their things, but how many times do you have to get disappointed before you're a fool for continuing to shop there. I never write these letters, but it's just ridiculous. DOWN RIGHT. www.linkedin.com/linkryan
Richmond, Virginia

Restoration Hardware Fails to Deliver

I placed order with Restoration Hardware (RH) in early June 2008 for an Ebony British Cane double crema sink (included base, sinks and top) as well as two Ebony medicine cabinets. The base/sink/top set was scheduled for delivery on July 11th, however, only the top/sink was delivered to my house on that date. When we called to see where the base was, we were told that we only ordered the top. Flabbergasted, I spent hours on the phone with RH to straighten out the order. Despite the fact that both the catalog that I ordered from, and the customer service agent who took my order, confirmed that I had indeed ordered a base and top set, and that all pieces were in stock, RH refused to acknowledge this and charged me an additional $600 plus tax/shipping for the base! As I had no sink in the bathroom, I paid. Now Ebony was out of stock and everything had to be Tobacco. Upon RH's direction, I refused delivery of the top, and instructed the delivery agent to hold the top until the base arrived. They also said to return the Ebony medicine cabinets at RH's expense as the Ebony base was no longer available and everything now needed be in Tobacco. Despite their promise to fix this problem at their expense, RH charged me for the shipping of the medicine cabinets. In the meantime, I had also ordered a matching Ebony mirror which had to be switched to Tobacco as well. On July 11th the Ebony mirror order was cancelled and replaced with a Tobacco mirror order. Nevertheless, I was charged for the Ebony mirror, which never arrived, AND the tobacco mirror, which was sent missing the hardware needed to hang it. It too had to be returned. I await refunds for both mirrors. The base (paid for twice) and top were scheduled for delivery again on July 25th. Without calling me, the delivery agent decided not to deliver the set because the top/sink was now damaged. I do believe that since the top had been at the delivery agent's warehouse for over three weeks at that point, they should have know before delivery day that the top was broken and should have been able to get a replacement top prior to the day of delivery. But they didn't. After the 2nd failed delivery, I spoke with 3 different customer service agents over 4 days. Wendy, James and Kevin all promised to resolve the problem & call back; none did. On the 5th day I spoke with Emily. After emailing her copies of the catalog that I used to order the original sink/base/top set, she did acknowledge that I paid for the entire set initially and agreed that the $600 + should be refunded - but this has not yet been done. Thankfully, she also expedited the shipping process for the replacement top/sink. The sink/top/base set was scheduled to be delivered again on August 2. However, on August 2nd the shipper called to say that now the base (which they had in their possession for nearly 2 weeks) was damaged and nothing would be delivered. The shipper was to call back with confirmation of a reorder - no call. Nor has their been a response to my email to the previously helpful Emily. In summary, I paid for a sink/top/base set from RH in June. I paid for the base twice as a result of RH's mistakes, and although a refund has been promised for the duplicate payment, it has not been executed. Despite 3 scheduled deliveries (7/11, 7/25 & 8/2) I do not have the item. In the mean time, the customer service rendered by RH has been laden with unfulfilled promises as well as a few outright lies. I have spent hours and hours on the phone with RH and yet I still have paid for items that have not been delivered, items I never received, returned items that were faulty and shipping for their mistakes. And to top it all off - I haven't had a sink in the bathroom for over a month! I took it out for the July 11th delivery and you can't just put one of those back in temporarily! My kids are washing their hands in the bathtub - this has got to end!!!! BTW - they are in zip code 94925 if you want to make a complaint with the BBB (like I did).
Lake Oswego, Oregon

Poor quality dining room chairs - Restoration Hardware

Upholstered Dining room chairs from Restoration Hardware purchased in September, 2006, are less than 2 years old & they squeak! This happens everytime we sit down on 5 out of 6 chairs purchased. They have been used once/month (maybe). I weigh 110lbs, my husband 150lbs. Only remedy offered when calling the 800 # was to call a local furniture repair operation & pay for it ourselves. Terrible quality & service for the price: $2000 for 6 chairs. Do not recommend the Empire Camelback series. Won't buy anything from Restoration Hardware again. There is no local assistance at the retail store. Through the 800#, they have opened a "Product Information Request" through Customer Service. I received a tracking number & was promised a 48 hour turnaround for them to tell me if this was a pervasive problem & if they were going to do anything to help me. A week & a half later, I called & nothing had been done. I'm giving up as I realize now nothing will be. I plan to load up every Internet site I can find with my disappointment!
Nashville, Tennessee
$2000

Restoration Hardware Takes Pleasure in Frustrating Customers

We ordered a bedroom set from Restoration Hardware, to be delivered in 1-2 weeks (shortly after we moved to a new apartment). Our first "delivery" was delayed a week while we awaited an opening in the delivery company's schedule. Then, on the date slated for delivery, we received a phone call from the delivery company about a half hour after the scheduled delivery time informing us that both pieces were damaged and that the products would have to be re-ordered. We had a similar experience with the second delivery: again, we received a call after the scheduled delivery time informing us that again both pieces were damaged and had to be re-ordered. After another week or so, we contacted Restoration Hardware to inquire about the whereabouts of our furniture. At this time, they informed us that the furniture had been packed "with special care", but was on it's way to the billing address, not the shipping address. Because they were unable to re-route the shipment, we placed yet another re-order and proceeded to wait another week and a half for a new shipment. When the fourth shipment was sent, we contacted the delivery company ahead of time to ensure that the furniture was not damaged. Thankfully, this early contact saved us the trouble of once again cleaning out an entire room only to learn that the furniture was not coming. This time, one piece was undamaged and it was delivered. However, the remaining piece was once again damaged. After waiting yet another week, we contacted Restoration Hardware seeking information. They have now informed us that delivery will be 3-4 more weeks as they have got to ship the bed from across the country instead of the closer location from which they had been shipping our furniture to this point. Further, the customer service representative was so casually indifferent to our situation as to suggest that this shipment has a better chance of being damaged because it is travelling further. So now we will spend another month without a bed, without much hope of an undamaged piece of furniture at that point either. We have had to press for discounts, which they have periodically promised but for the most part refuse to grant until we have accepted delivery (and which we expect are empty promises). Overall, the customer service representatives have been incapable of handling our situation, offering "concessions" of 10% off the free delivery we had already secured on our order through a coupon and insisting that they could do nothing for us. We have had to initiate contact with them each time something has gone awry - they have never called us with information. Nor have they ever apologized for their incompetence (aside from those of the "sorry about your luck, nothing we can do" variety). Our experience with the company has been time-consuming, demoralizing and impossibly frustrating. We have survived our share of poor service but this experience with Restoration Hardware has been the absolute worst.

My imagine of this company being a respectable & high end company was wrong!!!!

Buyer Beware!!!!!

It amazes me that the company has a bed in a warehouse in California that it has been trying to sell for months, but they will not sell it to me because I live in Georgia. I have to receive products from their Baltimore warehouse, which is sold out of the bed I want.

I've offered to pay whatever extra in shipping it would cost. I've even gotten a quote to have the bed picked up and delivered to me by an outside contractor, but RH will not allow that. I asked if I could pay them to ship to their outlet near me. They said no.

I arranged to have the bed shipped to a friend in Arizona and a shipper to pick up from there, but RH won't honor it's warranty unless they assemble the bed and deliver it. How am I going to get an assembled bed from Arizona to Georgia in a cost effective manner? That's when I stopped trying to buy the bed. Equally as frustrating is that the customer service reps do not have the name, title and address of the most senior person at RH who handles customer service.

Gate keepers I understand, but why all the secrecy? Let me write you a letter even if you aren't going to read it!

I may have to return all my furniture purchased at Restoration Hardware due to poor service. I ordered a dining room table and have been waiting for 8 weeks, they just called and told me it ill be delayed another 12 weeks estimated. They also told me that my bedroom furniture is delayed another 4 weeks too.

#20454

I've had an almost identical experience with Restoration Hardware. It is an absolute joke of a retail establishment and the incompetence of its employees must run from the lowest of customer service representatives to the Chief Executive Officer - who probably sleeps on a Pottery Barn bed because he couldn't get his order right from RH.

Well, I hope CEO Gary Friedman sleeps warm at night all cuddled up on his undamaged timely delivered bed...while the rest of us poor suckers sleep on a $3000 mattress sitting on the floor! Someone needs to bring the RH Management back to reality - the quality of their furniture is NOT WORTH THE PRICE!!! Consumers are willing to pay the price in order to GET WHAT THEY WANT - this requires SERVICE!!! I will NEVER shop at RH again.

However, I have decided to set up my new bedroom in my nearest RH showroom. Since I have now owned a paid-for RH bed for two months (apparently) without yet even seeing it, I am convinced that it must have been mistakenly delivered to the showroom. I've paid for it...and I will sleep on it until RH is able to convince me otherwise - perhaps by delivering a bed directly to my place of residence. What a novel thought!

If the in-store employees are as incompetent and as unobservant as the warehouse workers, I will enjoy many sleep filled nights on my new in-store bed! Thanks RH!

Boston, Massachusetts